Saturday, May 15, 2010

wk. 5/9-15 quest. 3

3) A topic in the book that I liked was avoidance. I don’t think it was discussed enough... I personally felt that my mother in particular used avoidance when I was younger towards my sister and I. We would constantly fight with each other and mom my was tired of dealing with are problems. She would say, its your problem, you deal with it. This strategy did not help our relationship, as sisters, mother and daughter and further more the whole family was frustrated with our bickering. Avoidance is withdrawing from the conflict, which is due to lack of information or understanding. I feel my mom was avoiding my sister and I because she didn’t know how to handle our conflicts. She never had a sister and never understood our personalities were completely different and just because we were sisters, didn’t mean we were just going to get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment