Tuesday, April 27, 2010

wk. 4/25-5/2 quest. 2

2) A collaborative conflict resolution that I have engaged most recently would be between my sister and I and our parents. When I come home for breaks from school we pick up right where we left off and start bickering. These problems have been going on for awhile, deeply rooted. But we were willing to all sit down and collaborate in finding a solution to the fighting. We discussed our dislikes and likes about each other and decided that we need to work it out and be able to come to a consensus and learn that we both want the same things. Mainly to be able to talk to one another and not always argue. My sister wanted to be more competitive about our situation in the beginning, putting blame on me, and not owning up to her faults as well. But I prefer the collaborative method of communicating, its easier and in the end more effective.

1 comment:

  1. Ppat, I liked the conflict that you decided to share. I often have this problem when I am reunited with my parents. There is a brief time of peace, and then we start fighting like I was in high school still. It works out really well when we sit down and try to find a solution to the problems that we were bickering about. It is important to work out problems with the ones that you care about, because ultimately they are the ones that can hurt you the most. It is also best to come to a conclusion that satisfies everyone, so that there are no hard feelings afterwords.

    ReplyDelete