Monday, April 19, 2010

wk. 4/16-4/24 quest. 3

3) A concept that I found interesting in chapter 10 was sharing. Sharing in small groups is being able to share relevant information, resources, and responsibility. Once a group is able to share these things, trust is formed, and it is easier for a small group to get along and be able to preform specific tasks. Without this trust members in a small group can become defensive and this does not help group members communicate effectively, leaving the group disoriented, disorganized and not comfortable to be involved in. When members of the group are defensive this also squashes creativity. Creativity stems from being open and being able to not have any preconceived notions about what is right or wrong. Sharing is being open to trust and allow for new ways of thinking. When members of a group can look past being right and wrong and put down their defenses, the room for creativity can arise. Groups will ultimately benefit from sharing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ppat,

    I enjoyed reading your post. I think sharing is important way to come up with creativity. The way I look at it is that when we are sharing information, we always getting information from others. Sometimes the information we getting will turn on our creativity bugs and we would generate more brilliant ideas in the sharing process. And it is understandable when a group is not being sharing, they become defensive. And in a stressful situation, creativity cannot be generated. When I usually in a group, I always like to hear what people has to say first and then I would sharing my side of ideas. In this back and forth sharing process, we usually come up with better and more brilliant ideas.

    -Sogo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ppat, I thought that your post was very insightful. I think that sharing is a very powerful form of creativity. When people share with one another they are sharing information that sometimes another person has not thought about. This I agree can lead to people turning on their creative bugs and unleashing unknown creativity. I think that by sharing a creative thought people in this simple act are being creative. I particularly like when people share with me new ideas which help me form even newer ideas and gets my creativity going. Sharing is an awesome way to pass creativity on.

    ReplyDelete